Sunday 24 March 2013

Kano Bomb Blast: No Helping Hand In Hell

Ahmad Abubakar Warawa, 58, a victim of the Monday blast in the Sabongari area of Kano, hawked caps within the premises of the park daily. “This is my second home; we are used to the people here and we have everything to be grateful to Allah for, for the patronage we are getting here”, he said before narrating how he survived the attack.
“A s usual, I was around on that fateful day.  It was at the peak of the business that I heard a blast and  the next thing was that I was surrounded by fire. I noticed that life in hell is a difficult one. Hardly could you see anyone to the rescue.  I saw people who were practically in trouble, but there was no helping hand.”
Warawa, who was badly burnt, however, was full of praises to Allah for his life.  “What I saw strengthened my faith in God, and my experience points to the fact that humans have an appointed time to die and you only die when your time is up”.
The cap vendor had his bowel ripped open by the blast.  “You can see that I have undergone a procedure and the bowel has been neatly sealed“, he said.
“I did not believe I will  live, but here I am on my sick bed with severe burns on my legs and the upper region, and my bowel ripped opened, all in the name of going out for a legitimate business to keep life going”.
KANO  BOMBING—Victims of the Kano suicide bombing and some of the affected buses yesterday as smoke billowed from the bus park.
KANO BOMBING—Victims of the Kano suicide bombing and some of the affected buses  as smoke billowed from the bus park.
He explained that doctors had assured him that all will be well.  “But my prayer is that we have paid a huge sacrifice to bring an end to this carnage that seems to indicate no end in sight”.
Pointing at other survivors on admission at the Murtala Muhammed Hospital, Warawa stated: “Look at  the victims of this blast, the impression you get is that you have people you can conveniently refer to as brothers but were lumped together by fate to pay a huge sacrifice”.
Another survivor receiving treatment in the hospital, Magawata Goje, 45, told Sunday Vanguard he didn’t know how he survived.  “I was inside the Lagos bound luxury bus when the blast occurred. I was seated at the rear, and it is only Allah that understands how I survived”.
Goje explained:  “I heard people saying  I was dead because I was covered with blood and I could see a lot of people in comatose position and I had to raise my hand to draw the attention of the rescuers before they attended to me”.
Yet another survivor, Emmanuel Bassey, a 40-year-old tout, narrated his encounter with the suicide bomber before he struck.
Bassey, who claimed to be attached to Ezewanta Group of Motors, stated that “the guy came in a blue Golf car.  He was dark in complexion and appeared to be in his mid 30s. He was calm during my brief interaction with him and did not look harmful.
“I asked him where he was going, and he replied, ‘I have not decided’. Then, some of my colleagues, (touts), in the garage were rushing towards him.  Suddenly he sped off, applied the brakes close to a loaded vehicle and, within a twinkle of an eye, I had a loud bang that sent me sprawling on the ground”, Bassey explained.
He revealed that four of his colleagues running after him, believing he was a prospective passenger, and to ascertain which part of the country he was going died on the spot due to the impact of the blast.
“I saw hell and thought I was going to die before some good Samaritans brought me to the hospital for medical attention”, the survivor, who suffered second degree burns, said.
Bassey lost his skin and his stomach was ripped open by the blast but had undergone some procedure and appeared to be in a stable condition.
Bassey displayed a deep hole close to his stomach and said, “I was simply not lucky on the day of carnage but, all the same, I give glory to God that I am alive but hope government will do their best to bring the perpetrators to book”.

No comments:

Post a Comment